I shoulda done this yesterday, but I didn't ever get around to it. Most of you readers probably know My Mom-- Dar--, but to those of you who don't, I have to let you in on a little secret. She's the greatest woman in the world. Really. This is why.
My Mom will NEVER let anyone be homeless. We have probably had 20 people living with us at different times over the years.
My Mom never fails to order Pizza if you want it. (Or if you really don't want it at all for dietary reasons but want it so bad for taste reasons. She's THAT good)
My Mom is the best cutter ever! I am in a sewing class right now and everytime I cut fabric or a pattern I wish I had my Mom's cutting chops. She's good.
My Mom is the best colorer ever too! She can bring life to any old cartoon picture. She can even balance out the color (you know how crayons never seem to be smooth. Theres always a chunk of wax here or there, not with Dars pictures), so it really looks amazing.
My Mom listens to me cry. It's a hard thing to do, I wouldn't want to make anyone have to hear me cry, but she does.
My Mom orders things from QVC. Like the Cupcake Cake Mold and my Snuggie that are so loved in my apartment. Wouldn't have been possible without Dar's late night TV informercial-ordering.
My Mom listens to everyone else's problems before talking about her own. Always. She is never first on her list.
My Mom is loved by EVERYONE. Literally. Everyone. There are a lot of people who love my mom and in turn want me to marry their sons. Because they love my mom... Who knows, maybe she'll score me a husband someday.
My Mom loves the beach and takes the family there, even though it's kind of a long drive and tough to be away from home for a week. Great memories at the beach...
My Mom is really good at sewing. She and I will have a business someday... just wait.
My Mom has had to deal with the hardest things in her life. It's not the fact that she has dealt with these things that makes her great, its HOW she dealt with them. It's really mind-boggling to understand her faith and the way she can deal with problems. I admire that so much.
My Mom is the greatest supporter around. She is my biggest fan and wants me to be happy and successful and will do anything she can to help me do that.
My Mom is a really good driver.
My Mom scares the crap out of me when she drives (Love you Mom.)
My Mom is the kind of wife, mother, friend, aunt and grandma that I want to be someday.
Most importantly... My Mom raised me to know who I am. She helped me understand that I am beautiful no matter what and that I can do anything I put my mind to. She taught me to know my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and helped me to understand my personal relationship with them. I have always admired my Mom's firm relationship with the Savior, and if anyone follows His example of Service, she does. She is absolutely incredible and if you don't know her, you should probably come on over to the Brink home sometime and say hello. She'll give you a hug and make you feel like a million bucks, she just has that effect on people. I want to be like her someday.
3 comments:
So sweet Bailee! So true all of it. We do have the best mom!
Aww i love Ms. Dar, why? Because after being a good girl I made her legendary Santa's List on the Christmas tree.
What a sweet post about your Mama. We love us some Dar around here. She is a regular request by my kids to visit "Gramma Dar." She does have an uncanny ability to make anyone and everyone feel welcome and loved.
Loved how you broke the reasons out, so well written.
Post a Comment