Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Running Shoes that Look Like Feet

Running and I have a love-hate relationship. I love it for the first 5 minutes thinking "Man, I'm unstoppable!" and then, on occasion, around the 30th minute I want to stop, sit down, and cry. Last night I actually almost did that. But I refrained and went ahead and finished my run. About 15 minutes after the run, the pure love of running comes back. I am hoping to do a half marathon on October 31st which will DEFINITELY be the scariest day of my life because the thought of running 13 miles makes me shake in my boots.

It was after this run that I remembered hearing about a running shoe which looks like a foot, with toes and everything, that you slide over your feet. Apparently it is the best to run on what God gave you (your bare feet) on what God created (the earth), so the shoe is basically a foot but with a bottom for running.

So, a friend and I typed in "Running shoes that look like feet" because he couldn't picture what I was trying to explain to him.

Alas, the running shoe that looks like a foot:




Isn't that wonderful? Thanks Google Images for making my life a little bit better.

This is the shoe that I was talking about:



Maybe when I am really hard core, I will get some. For now, I'll stick to hating running...and then loving it...

8 comments:

Sarah Woods said...

a. I love you! b. I want to start running again. c. I need to see you! d. a guy in my art class wears these!

Jodi said...

Bailey! A guy in my ward is a pro runner and he wears those all the time to run. Well, and just anytime. He loves them.

Stu and Angie Milne said...

those are sweet! well except the for the first picture, kinda freaks me out.

Kelsey Stenquist said...

I didn't know you're doing a 1/2 marathon soon! I'm trying to do one in nov. how cute, we're just so alike.

The Maxsons said...

so the first thing I see when I open this up is those ugly feed with laces. Before reading anything, I think, "no! Its Bailee's new, 'favorite things' and she thinks these are so great and cute.". Well the real shoes with feet aren't much better either tho...

Jonny said...

Only a couple months before we'll be running together again :)

larainydays said...

I gotta say Bailee, those are uglier than my real feet. I want something to dress them up!

Whitney said...

Those are so cool! If I ran at all I would want them but running and I we only have a hate relationship.