Monday, June 18, 2012

Wull...I just have to say...

Wull...

I just have to say, I had the best morning. I woke up, ate breakfast and read my scriptures, went for a run, and then had time to watch "The Biggest Loser" (I'm catching up on all the seasons I missed on the mish) and get ready for work. When we got in the car to head to work, I felt so good that I had accomplished so much of my "to do" list before even going to work.

I just have to say, when we can put God first on our "to do" list, the day just goes so much better. To be able to wake up and the first thing I did (wull, after making my breakfast...) was to spend time learning from the Book of Mormon. I was filled with peace, comfort and learned a lot just from reading for 30 ish minutes. I miss the structured study schedule we had on the mission. I also recognize that we have to do the best we can to make sure that we get in some alone time with God. We need it, trust me. I love the Book of Mormon.

I just have to say, today I was feeling a little nervous, knowing that tomorrow I am weighing in for week 9 on the program. I had a hard night this week that might affect my weight loss this week, I might not even lose to be honest. And then I put on a darling pair of polka dot pants from Ann Taylor that I just recently bought, and they were a bit loose, and a size 12. And I thought "Why am I so worried about a number on a scale? I feel great, and that's what's important." So I have resolved to put the scale away but once a week for my weekly weigh-in (I've been weighing daily to track my progress... I haven't felt too obsessed about it until this week so now I know I need to make a change). I want to put my energy and focus into the lifestyle I am now living, filled with hope and possiblities for things I always wanted, not in a number on the scale.

I just have to say, I also felt very strongly at church yesterday that I don't need to stress about dating, marriage, etc. I need to go forward, working on becoming the best possible Bay there is, and that God will take care of things. No need for stress. I have a lot to look forward to in the next years, so why stress?! No more stress! (That being said, I would invite all of you to pray that my husband will appear out of the sky, or keep your eyes out for a striking tall, dark and handsome man for you to set me up with... I won't complain)

I just have to say, I am really done for work to be over and really excited to go to a Jazz class tonight!

No comments: