Yes, thats right, Point in Case. We do things differently around here, aight? I got to go home last weekend for Conference and to see my long-lost familia, and it was a weekend full of discoveries and of first timers... AND the discoveries have continued to happen since I've been back (feel free to sing "Since you've been gone" with the words "Since i've been back" as that's exactly what I did when typing this...) so here goes...
THERE'S A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING, BAD OR GOOD
- This is a REALLY good one. FOR THE FIRST TIME I met my new niece, Libby Joy Brinkerhoff, for the first time. She is just beautiful. I loved being able to hold her, and, as I always seem to have to do with newborns, refrain from squeezing too hard or leaving a permanent "Aunt Bailee" mark on her soft forehead. Ha. It's a weird thing I have with baby heads. I am worried though... all of siblings and their sig. others' seem to produce really pretty children. There's always one who struggles, right? What if it's me... Pray for my unborn children. And pray hard.
- FOR THE FIRST TIME, I had Mojo Yogurt. I heard tons about it, but did NOT want to betray my love affair with Golden Spoon (my spouse being Spoon Me here in Provo, it's number 1) and I must admit, it was pretty good. How good? I had it 3 times while home, and Golden Spoon only twice. But still, I love them both. Probably because I love food.
- FOR THE FIRST TIME I ran out of gas. It was pretty embarrassing because I thought the truck had completely broken. I got all stressed out telling my brother Jake that the steering wheel had locked up and the key wouldn't come out. He then asked me if the car was in park.... You can guess what my answer was... I'm a little dingy.
- I watched Conference in Mesa, AZ FOR THE FIRST TIME since my Dad passed away, and since coming to college. It was lovely to be there with my family, to have "Grandpa Breakfast" (even though he was nowhere to be found during it), to be completely distracted by everyone's conversations and kids running around, and especially to be in the place where I first understood what my testimony was all about: at home. I do love Mesa, AZ.
- Let's just note that that is A FIRST TIME for me saying I love Mesa, AZ since coming up here. I have changed a lot here, for the good, so I automatically assume it's because of the place I am. False. I have changed a lot because I chose to, and because God helped me to become somewhat closer to who I want to be. There really is no place like home... and home will always be Mesa, AZ, no matter how much I act like I don't like it there. It's just pretend...My family rocks h-core and I love being around them. It really does make me sad that I am not there more, but it makes it that much more meaningful to be able to spend these times together. They help me here more then they will ever know.
- FOR THE FIRST TIME I recognize how false my perception is on myself. I--as my personal shrink and brother in law told me-- am my own punching bag. I am going to try to be less hard on myself, and treat myself nicely. Let's face it, I'm awesome and should be treated great. Sometimes I just expect a little too much. It's a Journey , Bay... not a destination. Enjoy it and do the best you can. And then eat a little, and I say LITTLE, treat to reward yourself for being you.
- FOR THE FIRST TIME I realize I can't change anyone. I have no power to make anyone make a decision or do something that I want them to do, it has to be their decision. All I can do is love, support, be nice. Done and done.
- FOR THE FIRST TIME I understand how much I love my solid friends back in AZ. I have always known they were the best friends ever, but there is something about being away and going home that makes you even more aware of their awesomeness. They were my strength while I lived there, and they have been my strength for 3 years while I've been away. There is nothing like seeing a friend who you know loves and cares about you and who you feel the same about, after a while without seeing each other and having absolutely no question as to the value of that friendship. I am blessed. They are pretty funny and cool people too, if ya ask me. I think I'll keep them.
- FOR THE FIRST TIME I caught a glimpse of how excited I am about the fact the our Savior is gonna come back to get us. I got to watch the Easter Pageant for the first time in a long time, and it was quite the experience. Man, the church is true and real. I love it, and I can't wait for that great day... hope I'll be ready.
- FOR THE FIRST TIME I understand that Heavenly Father is funny. He loves playing tricks on me, making me understand for myself, without spoon feeding me even though that's how I like it, the things I need to know. He gets a kick out of it, I'm sure. I would too, I guess... watching someone finally seeing the light and understanding what it's all about. Not complaining at all.. in fact, wouldn't have it any other way... I think I'm growing up.
A good case to point, don't ya think? (Thats for you, sis)
8 comments:
Ahh Bailee, I love you so much! I miss you like crazy. Come home to me.
bailee! i found your blog off of kels' and i'm so glad! it sounds liek things are going great for you at school! are you almost done? i'm sad i'm not up there anymore to watch the ya shows, you guys were so great!
Move HOME already... - Bivvy shrinkerhoff
Dang, where did you get all your smarts? Love the post - amazing. So, how does mormonthirdeye get on your sidebar, but your FAVoriTE aunt does not?? Fine - no more fudge for you. Bwa hahaha. Hugs - miss ya.
Hey, so I think you better add one more major to your "I'll be a singing/school teaching/interior designing/ mom..." and that would be... a writer. You are good sis! i LOVED your post. I miss you like crazy, and am glad you will be here this summer to have many more "firsts" and discoveries about yourself and your life. Even though you are my (much) younger sister, I look UP to you in so so so many ways. Love you!
Bay! Just found your blog and am ecstatic. Loved the post. You are beautiful inside and out. Thanks for being you. Love you!
Case in point i love you. Reading this post made me laugh and cry, not that it was sad i think i'm just super emotional today and miss you. Think we'll ever be in the same state again? i sure hope so.
What a great post Bailee. You're so freaking great. It was fun to spend the 10 minutes with you that we did. Can't wait to spend the summer playing.
Post a Comment