Wednesday, April 29, 2009
DENMARK
Man. Denmark. Is. Amazing. For reals. The architecture here makes me insides squirmy becuase I love it so much. Everything is just so clean and sophisticated. My kind of place... So, we left Monday around noon, and three flights and only 2 hours of sleep later, we arrived in Copenhagen. We literally got off the bus and walked into a chapel, were fed some sandwiches by a wonderful Danish man and then we did a fireside. We were all tired, but it went extremely well. It's amazing how that kind of stuff works out. Even though I had absolutely no idea what some people were saying, it was obvious how much they were touched by the performance. Truly amazing. Yesterday we sang at a Hospital (also amazing. The women here, even in their old age, are just stunning) and then went sightseeing around Copenhagen. I surpassed all of the quaint shops I wanted to go in, proud Mom? No worries, I'm just saving it for later... We saw the original Christus. Breathtaking. I literally sat in the Chapel and just soaked it in for 10 minutes. We saw the Queens Palace, Pariament, The first Little Mermaid statue (it's kind of a thing here) and the BEAUTIFUL Opera House. I'm tellin ya, this place is worth seeing. Well I must go put myself together before another day! Tak (Thank you)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So awesome! That all just sounds so wonderful Bay. So glad you are experiencing this wonderful stuff!
How fun for you! I am so glad I found your blog :)
I was signed into the wrong account...foolish.
Hey Bay...I am so happy for you to be having this grand adventure. It sounds fabulous...ENJOY! We miss you. Can't wait til you are home. Remember Home is where your Mom is. Have fun!
Jealous, so jealous! And yet, so happy for you to get to experience this! Soak in every moment so you can tell us ALLLL the details!
Liked reading this post. I miss tour a little. Make sure you are taking lots of pictures because I want to see all of these amazing places.
i miss you, sister. i'm so glad you're having so much fun!!
Bay I miss you so much! Has it been a month already?!?! I called you to talk to you but you were already gone and it made me sad! I hope your having so much fun, but hurry home to me! I love your guts. seriously.
Post a Comment