Yes. A new look, even a new "Blog Description". This is not "just because", but this is very much because tomorrow, January 1st 2010, marks a new turning point in my life. I can feel it. This is going to be a successful year because I am DECIDING it will be. This is about choices, this is about following my heart, this is about taking chances (what do ya say to them anyway? -- Thanks Celine...), this is about New Beginnings.
It was a crazy year. My Grandma died, I experienced a real heart ache or 2, I toured Scandanavia and was able to meet some of the most amazing people I have ever met who will forever have a stamp on my heart, I shared the Gospel through music on that same tour, I taught some kids how to sing and dance and put their hearts into it, I had a new niece and a new nephew born, I learned a hard lesson of the importance of taking chances; be careful, that chance might not be there if you wait to long, I got to sing "Aint It Good" every night for 3 weeks at the top of my lungs... nothing feels better than that, I experienced a real hope for something special but then an even more amazing experience happened when that hope was not what it was hoped to be. And now, I am home, experiencing the ups and downs and all arounds of my year as I reminisce about the good and the hard. I refuse to say "bad"... nothing is ever bad. Perhaps just hard.
I am excited for a New Me. I am excited for big things coming my way. I am excited to continue to become who I want to be someday. She is great... and so am I, but when I become the "she" I want to be, I will be larger than life (not literally, because, of course, one of my new years resolutions is to lose that stupid stupid weight that comes from hard experiences) and I will wear a smile and a really cute cardigan which I just purchased from Anthropologie and I will greet everyday with a smile. A lot is in store for this next semester... Directing a show, originating a role, teaching voice lessons, filling out and turning in some special papers for a special 18 month period, and many more crazy new opportunities that I am sure will come my way
Join me on the journey that is 2010. I would post my new years resolutions, but this year, I want them to be private and for just me.
Me.
4 comments:
I love you Bailee
Bay, you are amazing. Seriously, I love and admire you so much.
Great entry! Loved it, love you! I'm SO excited for the wonderful things coming your way. Stick to 'em, you will be amazing!! Oh, and loved your cute entry about Toddy and you toasting the new year. Just sad that you never came over to visit. Good luck with this semester.
Its true. You are amazing. Lets get you really popular. (on your blog I mean...) I think everyone should follow your blog. Love you!
Post a Comment