Saturday, August 1, 2009

Watchers of Weight Unite



So, as you all know, I am an extreme supporter of Weight Watchers. I do NOT believe in Diets or pills and don't even get me STARTED on that bloody HCG diet. If you happen to be a supporter, UGH to you. Just kidding. But really, there is absolutely NO way anyone can maintain a "Diet". It's just not practical or realistic. I understand the joy of having the weight come off quickly but COME ON, you KNOW it will come RIGHT back on and THEN SOME the second you eat a piece of bread (trust me, I have seen it happen... literally a piece of bread and they blow up like a balloon.... No good).




BOTTOM LINE: (Why I love this lovely lovely program so much)
  • Weight Watchers is realistic. It's a lifestyle change, and I can honestly say that I am SO grateful to be learning how to cook healthy and eat well NOW rather than in 15 years when I will feel as though it's too late. (Although I truly am a supporter of the idea that it is NEVER too late to do something for yourself... the time is ALWAYS now.)
  • Weight Watchers will now and forever be the only way I will eat. I am serious when I say forever because I love the way I eat and the meals I cook and the treats I can have while still losing weight.
  • Weight Watchers has locations all over the world basically. I even saw one while I was in Denmark and I about cried. I wanted to go in there and say "FINALLY! SOME PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND ME!" A lot of my friends enjoy poking fun at my "point counting" (some try --Alyssa you know this is for you-- to convince me that foods actually are negative points if you eat it this way, or this many. It's rather funny actually) but they are for the most part super supportive. BUT do they really "get it"? No. But my friends at Weight Watchers do! Ha.
  • The world is slowly becoming way more Weight Watcher friendly. Thank you world.
  • I just love it. Bottom line: I JUST LOVE IT






SO IM STUMPED.... How to get back on track?
Well. I had a rough couple of months... after losing over 30 pounds this last year, I went on tour to Scandanavia with Young Ambassadors and then was home for a month (never a good thing for my love of food... because all of the people surrounding me at home love food just as much... and we are GOOD at eating) so I gained some of that back.




Being back in UT for summer school has been good to get me back on track, but it is still frustrating to have worked so hard and to feel as though I am slightly starting over (even though I know I'm not "starting over"... I have come a LONG way. Trust me). Last week was a struggle and I gained a tad this week. So I figured that I really love my therapy sessions with my blog (it really is therapy for me... Makes me realize that I have it together way more than I think I do) would be a good way for me to track my weight loss.

I am so happy because 2 of my friends are coming to WW with me... It's nice to know I have some friends to talk about fun finds and good recipes and such with. My sister is my ultimate WW companion, but, alas, she is in the AZ land... She is still a huge support and help, but through the phone. Someday she and I will have a team meeting where we will teach together. It'll be great.

So I am going to blog every week about my weigh ins. I am actually gonna change my 3 year routine of going to WW on Saturdays and go on Wednesdays now because I am taking the oppurtunity to eat bad ALL weekend away from myself. Practicing some self control...

Tell me I can do it! I want to get to my goal before I graduate in April. Think I can do it? I think so too...




Success will be fine. Thank you very much.

5 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I have always wanted to join a WW group. They have one at my work during lunch! But I just don't ever seem to get around to doing it.

You are so awesome. You will be able to make your goal, for sure!

The Maxsons said...

WHAAAATTT? Weigh ins on Wednesdays? Wow what a step. I am so supporting you in that. I know it will help to really keep you from taking weekends off like we always end up doing... Love you, and I think you can get to goal BEFORE April! Keep it up.

Deon said...

Go, Bailee, Go!! Once again, you inspire.

Whitney said...

my grandma always used to sing to me " you can do it if you try, V.I.C.T.O.R.Y!" so I sang it to you my dear friend. You can do it!

Heidi said...

That sounds awesome! I tried WW once when I was an obese 12 year old, and had no motivation. After losing a freaking crap load of weight after high school and gaining back half of it, I have no idea how to stay motivated to keep it off. I will admit, I'm starting a "diet" this week, but I know that it's not something that will work forever, and I need something to keep me focused. Moral of the story, maybe I'll revert to point keeping.