
There is a line in this show: "Lillian Beasley knows how to get along" and my Director, Dave Tinney, always substitutes my name for Lillians.... Maybe he's right... maybe I DO know how to get along....
I am in "110 In the Shade" at the Hale Center Theatre in Orem, UT. It is a pretty exciting thing because Audra Macdonald and Will Swenson, (Audra being my absolute favorite Broadway star who I have loved since I was a teenager and 4 time Tony Nominee and also on Greys Anatomy and Private Practice and Will the star of the "Hair" revival) are doing the first 2 weeks of the run. Pretty exciting, eh?
Yesterday I met Audra for the first time. I walked out of the bathroom and Oh! There she was. I just said "Hi" (I CLEARLY knew who she was but failed to introduce myself as a member of the cast. I was nervous, OK?) and walked away. After the show (they watched-- it was just a preview) she was very sweet and nice. After watching Audra and Will at rehearsal today, I discovered a few things:
1) Famous people really are just people. Talented people, yes, but still normal.
2) If I want to be a star, I'd have to go through all of the same crap that everyone does. It's just how the business works. Today and last night I definitely wanted to be a star. Tomorrow? Who knows. It's a hard life.
3) Musical Theatre can change people. It can change the audience, it can change the performer. It's very powerful.
4) I want to be a really strong performer.
5) Audra Macdonald's voice is butter. I got the chills when I heard her sing today at rehearsal. Incredible.
Well that's all. If you are in UT, really try to come see it, it's going to be amazing. I love performing with all of my heart.
2 comments:
you go girl!! i wish i was in utah to come watch! you are a star dang it, you are a Jeanne Wright dancer...! hahahaha!!! go get it!!!!xoxo
It really has been a learning experience on SO many levels! I'm glad you are doing the show! Love you!4
Post a Comment